Wednesday, August 18, 2010

day 2- your first love

simple put, that man up there holding me ever soo gently, is my first LOVE. he is my best friend... he's my husband, Dre.
it's crazy to think just how far we have really come as a couple. i met him my freshmen year of high school (his senior) and from the moment i saw him, i was intrigued. (corny but true)

i was new to the school and the way that things were done there. they rode buses to and from home... i never needed that service before, so i was nervous about missing the bus and what not. anyway, i get to the bus and take a seat. people start coming on and sitting down, talking to the friends and whatever.. none of them paid attention to me. i was just the new girl. then, he gets on the bus... and i thought to myself.. Liz, he's looking kinda right.. right?? she of course agrees. LOL.
anywho, he comes walking down the aisle and he stops right in front of me... he stated that i am new, he doesn't ask but i confirm his statement by saying yeah. he nods and says hello. i say hi back and he goes about his business. now, of all the kids who walked on to this bus, he was the only one who spoke to me and that peaked my interest even more. now, i could tell you that i did everything i could short of actually just going up to him to get him to notice me.. but i'd be a damn lie and Liz just doesn't like that. i was waay to shy and don't do being rejected. plus, it seemed to me at the time, that he was already involved. all i did up until the time that we actually started really talking was saying hi to him every morning and drive my friends crazy with how much i liked him. hell, i didn't even know his name until right before we started dating... i had asked once and he told me "Buzz Lightyear" (yeah.. the astronaut from Toy Story) *Liz shakes her head* so that's what i called him.

what happened next... would and should have got the taste slapped out of his mouth... however, i was infatuated with him, so all i did was laugh and take it. after getting in trouble with our bus driver, i was forced to sit towards the front of the bus, because apparently, in the back of the bus, i would lose myself and Liz would start showing her ass. but i digress. one morning, he gets on the bus, we exchange pleasentries and he proceed to the back of the bus. our bus was pretty crowded and we still had one more stop... we get to our next stop and a kid is left standing. Dre tells the kid to go ahead and take his seat... he has a better sit in mind. He, then proceed to come up to me and seat in my lap. i blush unmercifully and ask him why is he sitting on my lap? he stated because he wanted the best seat on the bus. i smh and smile. and from that point on... it was pretty much a done deal. he probably knew he had me. we exchanged numbers and he started hanging out at my table... making his acquaintance with my friends and what not. we wrote each other letters like everyday.. just another way of getting to know each other. eventually, my friend Jen asked me why we weren't going out yet.. i said probably because i haven't told him that i even like him and he hasn't asked. she proceeds to yell at me in a loving way that only my little angry asian friend could and demands that i call him on 3-way. not thinking about what could happen from this demand, i do. and... she put all my business on BLAST. just everything. as much as i hated her for doing it... i love her more than she'll ever know for it too. because, surprise surprise, he was digging me too and we have been a couple pretty much since.

No comments:

Post a Comment