Thursday, August 19, 2010

day 3- parents

ok, my dad is marc. my mom is shelly.

lol.

my mom did the best she could with the hand she was dealt. she lost her mother and son within two years of each other. she was the baby of her siblings, so she was used to being taken care of. we don't have the best relationship... by any scheme of the imagination. sometimes, i wish it were better but we are just too different and i don't see that changing. i prefer to call her shelly and not mom or any variation of that. she doesn't like it and i don't particularly care. i think she had our (my sister and i) best interest at heart. Liz inserts *side eye* i just don't feel she went about it the right way. but i digress. she gave me life and for that i appreciate her. i love her.


my dad is my right hand man. to be honest, that man can do no wrong to me. although, he does things i don't always agree with, he has always been there for me. i can talk to him about anything... when my husband is asking to be slapped in his sleep, i call my dad and he tells me that boys do stupid things and sometimes you just have to let them. then he proceeds to psuedo bash my husband with me. i love the guy! he's been supportive of all my decisions thus far... including moving half way across the country to be closer to my then boyfriend at 17. i miss him everyday. he knows that i will make the best decision for me and he allows me to make mistakes even if he sees them coming.. and when i fxck up, he is there to make it right and not judge. i appreciate him for allowing me to be me. he has helped me become the ambitious person i am today. i will forever be grateful that Baby Jesus has blessed me with this man for a father.

No comments:

Post a Comment